What is Tantric sex?
Tantric sex is an ancient Hindu practice that has been used for over 5,000 years, and means ‘the weaving and expansion of energy’. It’s a slow form of sex that’s said to increase intimacy and create a mind-body connection that can lead to powerful orgasms. Tantric sex, or Tantra, can be done by anyone interested in rebooting their sex life and finding new depth to their lovemaking.
How to perform tantric sex
Tantric sex isn’t goal-oriented, which means you don’t have to work hard at learning what to do. The trick is to take your mind off your orgasm and instead focus on making foreplay enjoyable and rewarding until you’re ready to take it to its natural end.
What to do
If you want to give it a go, try the following:
- Start by turning down the lights, and get rid of all distractions.
- Loosen your body: Tantra is about moving energy through the body; experts suggest shaking your limbs vigorously to energize and unblock your system before you start.
- Stay off the bed! This will trigger the sleep button in your brain, which means you’ll be settling for a quickie instead of deep connection, which is ultimately what Tantra is all about.
- Get comfortable: Try lying down with your partner on the floor and slowly start to touch each other, taking your time to leisurely make your way around their body.
- Experiment: Try a variety of touches – firm massage, light feathery touches, and gentle stroking. The aim here is to heighten the senses in a slow and intense way so that you’re building to a peak but not taking him all the way and vice versa. Performed in the right way this can prolong sex and your pleasure for hours.
- Think about breathing: If you find your mind starts to wander, re-focus on your breathing. Inhale as your partner exhales and vice versa – it can help improve the connection between the two of you and keep your mind on what’s happening.
- Don’t give up: If you don’t last beyond 10 minutes, try again. Tantric sex takes time because we’re all used to sex in a western way – this means we expect sex to have an obvious start, middle and end.
With practice you can let go of this idea and enjoy sex without thinking about the conclusion, as well as be able to control your body so you can delay climax and increase the strength of your orgasms.
On your next visit to Desire Riviera Maya or Desire Pearl why not try something that you have never experienced before…Tantric Sex!