Sex parties can be intimidating, and you’re definitely going to have a lot of, um, new experiences the first time you go to one. Don’t let that scare you off!
Here are 10 sure-fire ways to rock a sex party:
- Get new underwear.Buy it, borrow it, or make it! You need to walk into that party feeling confident and every little bit helps — even the little bit that covers your littlest bits.
- Do your research. Talk to people who have gone to parties before and ask specific questions. Scout it out online. In most areas, there are sex parties for people who identify in many different ways. But if you’re not willing to put yourself out there with your clothes ON, a sex party probably is not going to work out for you.
- Follow the rules.The first rule of a sex party, is go to a sex party with rules. Any sex party worth your time will have rules, particularly involving safety and consent — both are a must. They might have other less critical rules about where you can store your belongings, whether you must check items of clothing before entering, or even suggested costumes — it’s good to adhere to those regulations as well. Not being on theme is drastically more noticeable at a sex party.
- Bring a friend.Or bring two, or ten. It is a party after all. If you don’t feel comfortable rolling into the sextravaganza with a minivan’s worth of pals, shoot for just one other person. Some parties even require you to bring someone to help promote responsibility, which just confirms the fact that the buddy system will never stop being relevant to your life.
- Be open-minded.That doesn’t mean do something that makes you feel unsafe. In fact, you don’t have to do anything at all. Some people go to sex parties just to watch and that is totally cool with everyone. However, don’t let your inhibitions cause you to judge others or to limit your experience either. Check your reservations where you probably were asked to check your pants, at the door.
- Speak up.Talk to people! Don’t be shy about telling them it’s your first time at this type of party; it’s a great ice-breaker. Either it’s their first time too and you can bond over that, or they’re a sex party veteran with tons of information to share. It’s a win-win situation. Talking is truly the unsung hero of the sex party, so please verbally sexpress yourself.
- Make the first move.You may not be used to being forward, but you’re most likely going to have to do it. What’s great about a safe, sex party is nothing will happen that you don’t make happen. So, make it happen.
- Choose your footwear wisely.Sure, you want to look good. Just remember you might not be wearing any pants. Pick shoes that flatter a clothing-free look.
- Be careful in hallways.If your body is not covered with clothing, certain parts might protrude. The same goes for others. Pass with caution.
- LOL, literally.Don’t be afraid to crack a smile or a joke. Sometimes a “sexy” atmosphere can leave people stiff. Relax, enjoy yourself, and have a laugh. It should be pretty easy to do so. Most parties are BYOB or serve alcohol, so there’s plenty of social lubricant. Also, it’s a sex party so there’s plenty of actual lubricant. Once you make that killer joke about lube, things will probably go pretty smoothly.
Desire Resorts is all about freedom, and participating in a sex party is a great way to meet people and explore your sexuality. So next time you are at Desire, we invite you to enjoy the Jacuzzi Lounge and Sin Room to unlock & release your sexual fantasies in the privacy of our exclusive, couples-only paradise.